Friday, January 9, 2009

Dockett# 09000027

Update

I called my township and spoke to the municipal court who informs me that the case has been transferred to the County Prosecutor. I called them and they transferred me to the Victim advocate. I spoke with a very nice woman, Amy McGuire, who said the case was transferred to them because he is being charged with two crimes. 3rd degree Theft and 4th degree Breaking and Entering. I think it should be the opposite with 1st degrees being the most serious. But they know the law.

She said the State Police (Trooper Bounds) has to send his reports to the Capitol in Trenton and it takes a while. So the hearing will not be for a few months. I gave her my phone numbers and the dates I will be away and she said she will send me the blue Victim report. With that I can write down my costs and it can be made part of the case for restitution. Perfect. I am getting estimates and have pictures.

I also asked where Matt would get the best help and she said whatever was available was available at both levels. County and Township. She also said the blue form she is sending has a place on the back for my thoughts and feelings.

I told her about my Jan 1st early morning visit from Matt's wife and the visit from Matt before he signed the arrest warrent (when I told him to go away and he did) and she said that could be considered witness tampering. Me being the witness. Which would be an additional charge to Matt.

I corrected her and said no tampering was done -I am the victim and the witness and I WILL be at the hearing. I want no pound of flesh or any blood. (thank you Wil Shakespeare and Trooper Wil Bounds) I do want the money I am spending on the repairs and as much help for this man as he can get. But>>

I realize he is an habitual criminal as soon as he does his drug(s) of choice. At 33 or 35 I have written him off as worthless to me and society. But somebody still loves him -his 1 year old son -if no other mortal being. So>>>>>

I fear, dear Portia, the quality of MY mercy is a bit strained.

I have to work on that.

No comments: