Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Crying Shame or Forgive Those who Tresspass Against Us

POST ROBBERY



I am not doing so well with the anger and forgiveness, but i am praying on it. Cleaning up the glass and calling for estimates on replacement glass and washing everything in my dresser drawers and replacing just what I need and downsizing what i don't.

My cousin Dave came down and took out the glass still in the frame and took out the frame and replaced it with a 1/2 inch pc. of plywood. I wish i could say i helped but i was on my way to the gym when he drove into my neighborhood. He said GO to the gym you need the stress relief -and because i really did; I left. when i got back he was out getting the plywood and his wife had cleaned up the glass. Thank you!!!!


Monday morning I was awakened by a knock at by door -It was Matt -back from the Florida rehab. I said -through the door -"Go away Matt -I cant talk to you" So he went back across the street to his mothers house. The Trooper had told me that he usually advised the Victims -not to talk to the perp. It seemed like good advice -especially since I still had no idea what to say and..............well I know one of the AA 12 steps was to talk to the people hurt. I just wasn't ready to make nice and let him apologize. I know the whole thing is a shame. But..............

It is Matt's shame and I am not ready to forgive. Well I guess I am but I can not forget. I am still so angry.


My Homeowners has a$500.00 deductible . Figures. Now I am waiting for the estimate and i will ask the Judge to include that in the judgement.


YEP, after Matt left on Monday -I called the State Police and told them he was back in the State. The Trooper I worked with wasn't on duty till 5 pm . But I let the desk Trooper know what was going on. Then I called back at 9pm and Matt was there turning himself in and signing the arrest warrant. He is released on his own recognizance. I asked if I would be notified when the hearing was to be. The trooper said -"OH yes you will be subpoenaed."


I have tickets to go to Florida for three weeks and now i may have to change them. If i do, I am including that in my total out of pocket costs. I have to get dead blots and locks and keys changed.


I supposed i should be glad i had this little wake up call to get better security and i did get all my jewelry back and he didn't trash my place (ok yes I WOULD know if my placed was trashed).


But I am angry. I eat everything not tied down . I know i am gaining weight. I am working on calm and forgiveness.

I can not imagine how my neighbor of 30 years (and I thought my friend), his mother, must be feeling because ...........well.....she hasn't called me or come over to see how I am.

And that is the other thing I will never forget.

My brother said I soon need to reach out to her. But he is a much better person than I ever will be. I have to work on that.

This whole mess is a crying shame.

2 comments:

Connie Hampton, SF Bay Biorecruiter said...

Rob,
I'm so glad that you were not there to be hurt! Not that it was not an invasion! Perhaps you should take a martial arts class at the gym or at least put on some gloves and hit something.

Love you,
Connie, your cousin

survivor said...

Jaz -Thanks for ur comment - Matt was sentenced to 3yrs in Prison and I am to get $500.00 restitution per the Judge. He is up for Parole and I spoke to the county and have no problem with him being paroled and getting a job and paying me back. But -so far nothing has happened. I am still out the money. I am not as angry at him or the crime but his mother has still not spoken to me and that is hurtful. Live goes on.