Saturday, January 10, 2009

Neighbors

I stopped in at my neighbors house and Matt answered the door. I asked to speak to his mother. She came to the door and looked every day of her 60+ ?years. I stayed at the door and asked her if she was ok? She said she has been in the hospital with pneumonia. I asked if she got her telephone working yet? She said no but they had a cell. I said if she needed anything to come over. That we would get through this.

She nodded.

I left and went to the gym.
I feel better.
My brother will be proud of me, for reaching out.

The estimate for the door repair should be in the mail, tomorrow.
I am also getting key dead bolts and all the locks changed.
I think I will rent a PO Box and stop home delivery, so I will not have to ask her to get my mail when I am away for more than a couple of days.

I wonder if we will every be neighbor friendly again?

1 comment:

Katie said...

No doubt that one bad choice on the part of that young man has had an impact on many lives. Keep strong - you'll get through this.