Saturday, January 24, 2009

Florida -Day 6

I just borrowed my parents car and drove to a restaurant off Rt 75 exit 131 to meet up with friends from work. They retired a little before I did and finally settled in Tampa -which is about an hour and a half north.




It was so good to see them. I didn't realize how much. We spoke a little bit about old mutual friends but mostly about how our lives are now that we all have retired. What we are doing -not just to keep ourselves busy- but actually enjoying our lives, doing new things and meeting new people.

We are blessed in our retirement, pensions and healthy attitude towards life.


I may rent a car my last week in Florida and travel around a bit and visit in Tampa. We spoke of the idea I have had floating around my brain of selling my house and moving here. I don't know -I wonder what it would be like with this beautiful weather all year long.



The first step is the biggest -cleaning out my mess and getting rid of all my stuff. I think i have said it before, the economy it getting worst -all we will have is barter and all the stuff an old person can barter with -I am throwing away! smile -no excuses - I need to clean out my house. sigh


Okay here it is day six and I need suggestions from bloggers -what can I do -alone- in Ft Myers and south. High speed boat to Key West and Edison House etc -already did.

Any ideas? I want to hit Pine Island but after that ? _I am almost ready to stop in the IRS office in Ft Myers and take a bunch of numbers off the customer service help machine. smile Ok -so maybe not.






2 comments:

Annie P. Scott said...

Ok, soooo not allowed. I figure it'd take you at least 4 years to clean out the house to sell it - and by then E will be out of High School and I can go too! :)

Glad u seem to be enjoying yourself.

Miss ya!
A.

survivor said...

oh i wish uall were here. It is nice but i am growing so lazy I swept out the little storage shed and washed the curtins in my or the guest room and the rug and bath mat. I want to help them out but all we do is sit and sit and sit. The TV is loud. Thank Goodness I have the computer and people txt me. but not b4 10 am