Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Florida -Day 9 (Pine Island)

Today, Mother drove Dad and I out to Pine Island -about 30 min -a 17 mile long island mostly fisherman and artists. Not many Pine trees but lots of PALM TREE Farms. A lot of the farmers belong to the the Pine Island Growers. So you see " P I G " Farms everywhere. What a HOOT!

Although we didn't get out and actually TALK to artists. We had lunch at Capt.'s Con's at the North end -it was about 85 and breezy -just lovely. Mother and Dad had the famous house Fish Stew (cream base) fearing crab meat in the stew I opted for a nice hamburger.

We also bought raffle tickets they were selling to benefit the local Lions Club. The prizes were Pictures by local painters -all very nice. I wrote down Mothers Ft Myers house phone number. The drawing is after I leave....but......I still hope. Have you seen the art in this Florida house? OMG 1930 Motel art is better! Keep you fingers crossed.
We also drove past the house that belongs to a woman I work with at the gym. She and her husband come down whenever they can.
A nice 4 hour day trip with Mother driving and Dad directing from the co=pilot seat. They argue and Mother doesn't talk then Dad stops 'helping' and she talks under her breath -that he (so very deaf) can hear? Go figure. LOL I am having a wonderful time -although i may have to walk home -not enough exercise!!!
Thank goodness for cell phone Pictures!

No comments: