Monday, November 5, 2012

Trick or Treat in New Jersey -November 5th 2012

Post Hurricane Sandy -
Our Governor declared that Trick or Treat night (begging night down south) would be postponed until Monday Nov 5th. Some Parents were upset-those that didn't use the delay to explain compassion for fellow children who lost everything even their costumes.
 I was not going to open my door -I am on the new way of eating thru Nutra System and I am no good around all that candy. I use to give out money -the kids seemed to dislike it and I switched to candy then I switched off the lights . I just could not be bothered. But this year -when so many of our little ones in New Jersey are so devastated  -I decided to open my door and turn on my Light. 
Our area had little damage -maybe some branches down -we were so lucky. But now another Nor"Easter with high winds looms over all of us-arriving in two days .  Ok, I admit the pictures and the collections of EVERYTHING has left me a little sad also. I use to love Halloween
It is only 6:45 and I turned off my light no kids for the last half hour ( total 45 in all)-but the ones I had were precious -I love the way the family gets all dressed up with the kids -One young family came up and I gave a two year old and and baby in his Mothers arms the 50cent piece I handed out this year, when the Father said "I remember coming here as a kid and always getting a fifty cent piece".
Was he right ? Did I do that ? I have been here 35years so I guess that is more than enough time for him to grow up with his own kids. 
It made me smile !!!

No comments: