Thursday, November 22, 2012

Alone on Thanksgiving By Choice

So here it is, my FAVORITE Holiday -Thanksgiving -with all good memories and I find all my good memories are tied to food. That being said, I wonder why I am having such a hard time with today?
At Grandparents 1955 I was 4,the last time I was a normal weight
I have resumed the healthy eating style that I must maintain for the rest of my life. I am back again on Nutra System Diabetic -already I am seeing good blood sugar control but........I am so newly on this diet plan -no my life long healthy eating plan -that I can not visit anyone today. The smells alone will make me weak in the knees and start my belly rumbling. I know some people can just take a little portion of everything. I CANNOT. Maybe some day but not this year.

 I am alone -with my Thanksgiving parades and food commercials and Black Friday sales/ My other addiction -shopping. Have to turn off the TV. So I planned a DVD -checked out prior to this wonderful holiday (DVD is Emma by Jane Austen and I fear it has affected my writing voice :) . Sent my Godmother a Fall Flower arrangement and talked to her only to find out most of my cousins will not be there and the venue was moved to a second generation cousins house. Wonderful new tradition. Good thing I didn't surprise them and show up. LOL The surprise would have been on me!

The only Good thing about being alone today -is ah ...not being on the road driving. Because right about now I would have been on the road. sigh Anticipating the wonderful smells of Thanksgiving.

Then I really reproach myself for American Woman and Men are serving OUR County, away from their families and loved one -not because they have eaten to much all of their lives -but because they are SOLDIERS. How selfish am I.
 I am also thinking warm thoughts for the Family's who have lost everything to the fury of the storm Sandy and the volunteers who can be around food this year and are helping to make an American Holiday less traumatic.GOD BLESS them ALL.

Ok so this Drama Queen's life will change for the better and enough of this self pity -I am so Thankful for all the Friends that would have welcomed this over-eater into their kitchens and homes today.

The worst part is I have done and keep doing this to myself . I was on this diet before and lost and gained it all back. Now it is a life long healthy eating plan.


 I will be better by Christmas and my Brother and Sister in Law's Traditional Healthy Family Dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


No comments: