Friday, September 21, 2012

Weight Loss Seminar

Tonight I attended the required weight loss seminar -2 hrs of dire statistics -I also took the web seminar on line prior to this in person lecture -I didn't have to attend the second one -but I know me -and i do not always 'get it' -first time thru. The room was small and about 20 people were there, some were support people. I didn't think anyone was to fat to move. I guess not so much the 100 lbs overweight but rather the 'or morbidity factors',was in play. I think i was the only woman 'apple shape' . All the men were and carried their weight in the belly, like an apple. I asked some questions but i found after 2 hours of sitting and watching a small wall power point with the Doctor lecturing -I was wiped out. I could not remember what my questions were. So I will ask at the initial visit. Driving home in the dark (and I no longer see well in the dark) was not fun.


I DO NOT want this surgery -but i actually felt like i was going to cry when he said we may be off the medicines and the insulin.

Alexander Onopchenko, MD, FACS
Logistics may be a problem -the operation is in Atlantic City main city hospital -I haven't map quested that yet and I can not drive myself. But first things first. Am I a candidate ? My health history is not ideal. So next step is the Dr O appointment -tomorrow. It is in the daytime and the same place as the lecture. At least I know how to get there.

Medical Director and Bariatrician
Center for Surgical Weight Loss & Wellness
AtlantiCare Physician Group
2500 English Creek Ave
Building 800
Egg Harbor Twp, NJ  08234
                                                     (888) 362-7690


No comments: