Monday, September 17, 2012

Destination Wedding

This weekend I had the most amazing time at a destination wedding (my college roommates youngest son)-well not on foreign soil but I was in three states before I arrived. smile The first Ferry was at 7:30am -I am about 45 minutes away -so I had to leave by 6:30 am. I got up at 6:15am -needless to say I made the SECOND Ferry. To my great delight -I found myself in the middle of a tri-state motor cycle rally heading to Ocean City Md -same as I was . The Ferry crossing was like a parade with out Fire Trucks and HS Marching bands. Everywhere I looked was a feast for the eyes -beautiful bikes and colorful riders with their ladies. The amazing part was the age of the men -middle age, And Tattoos everywhere except hands and face. These are sheet metal workers , teachers and accountants passing as every day people but not so secretly bikers! What a HOOT!
Motorcycles to the right/ left /center about 90 going over the Ferry to Delaware

Our friend Sunny was going to meet me at the Ferry =but since I was an hour late (yes I called) she ran into traffic. Because we later found out in was also a Triathlon on the same roads. LOL now that was a mess. Waiting for her I  was able to speak with two ladies awaiting their biker husbands. They were from Mays Landing and normal lovely ladies that rode on the queen seats of these hugh bikes. Sunny and the bikers arrived together. We all took off south. They were so sweet I do hope their weekend was just as wonderful as mine.
Room 1005



Sunny dropped me off at the Clarion Hotel -one of the high rise buildings in the land over built sea shore that is Ocean City , Md -one of the ugliest citys on the coast. Why any one would want to stay in a city like this when a short trip North you could have Cape May County Beach towns? Oh well.

The 5:00pm wedding was west of the city at a Country Club /Golf course Beautiful weather the ceremony was held outside, while a Harp and Guitar played. No reception line ,guests mingled for appetizers as the gentle music and beautiful scenery  surrounded us.

Emily and Steven
The DJ played Motown for dinner -just a few of us were dancing in our seats -friends of the parents. LOL After the cake was cut the dancing started and the music got louder and faster. We left about 10 pm. My friend and her husband were the last to leave at midnight.

Bonnie, Sunny, and ME


The next day Sunny and her sister Sally and I decided this was the best motor cycle tryke for us -outside of Cracker Barrel on the way to Cape May Ferry in DE. The wedding was wonderful but how Steven and Emily got 10,000 motorcycles to give them a parade? I will never figure out !!!!!!    LOL

No comments: