Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 2 Census Training

Well Census day is April 1,2010 -so wherever you were on that day is usually, where the Country want to count you. 

Basically it is for how many representatives your State gets for the House of Representatives. I have seen NO INCOME questions -but lots of Race questions. it is exactly the same as the questionnaire most of us all filled out.

If you havent sent your form back yet -a Census taker will be out to your door. Anyone who has ever done a genealogy project and found your Great Grand parents in the Census books only to have lost them when the Census taker misspelled the name or the ancestors did not answer the questions -knows how important this information is to future family.

Day 2 was mostly about filling out and understanding the forms and questionnaire. All done by hand and door to door. It is a hugh undertaking. Our Crew is pretty sharp and the leader is good and funny but the material is Dull Dull Dullllllll.   I can not wait for it to be over. 

I am still pretty tired by the end of the day and today I broke down and bought a can of stale Diet Coke -to stay awake. We have 45 min. unpaid lunch time -I was driving home -but that means 15 min there and 15 min back and 15 min to make and eat lunch -not enough time -so I guess I will try to bring or buy lunch for the next two days. I am just not use to working a full day, and miss my nap in the afternoon. LOL. 

We still dont know how much our case load will be. Once that is decided hopefully, I will be able to plan my part time day around Dr appointments, lunch, and ah.........naps?

Stay tuned....

No comments: