Friday, July 17, 2009

Christmas Burglary

The neighborhood man that broke into my house and robbed me over Christmas has just pled guilty- third degree burglary. He will be sentenced Aug 28th, but apparently he has already agreed to a plea agreement. I have called the Victim advocate to find out what that was. Is he going to jail? Will he ever pay restitution? I know his wife divorced him and moved out of State with the son. The for sale sign is down. But?

Just got a call from the Victims Advocate:

Sentencing is at the courts discretion -the Prosecutor wants five years -but I don't agree that jail time, in this case, is right for a looser that is not an animal & he has been there before and it didn't help. I want my out of pocket money back. - but punishment? Do I want to step in this word , and write a Pre-sentence consideration letter or do I trust the wisdom of the Judge? How important is the Victim?

Before I write the letter I would like to know if he ever broke into my house -prior to this time? Did he ever steal from me before? But really, would this change my mind. Isnt what I feel about jail based on something more than my anger at him for violating my home?

I just do not know what to do -I am flaming idiot -He is a fuc*ing Loser and I am stressing over the right thing to do !

No comments: