Friday, January 31, 2014

Wildflower Meadow

My Backyard is cleared but un- planted except for weeds and wildflowers -I go to local lectures on how to attract birds and hummingbirds and butterflies. I have spent hundreds of dollars on seeds -friends have given me hundreds of dead head seeds -I have even gotten Milkweed seeds from the free lectures I attend. So where are my flowers ? I know I dont have a green thumb and some of them have grown , where are the others? 

Not until I heard the wild Turkeys 15 of them come through my meadow -and stop to eat my yard -did I realize - someone down the road is reaping the benefit of my wildflowers et al. I was so angry -but then what can I do? I have decided to travel their wandering route this summer and find out where there are pooping. Come Fall -I will dead head harvest my mysterious location of missing gibbet flowers.

I just bought some Sunflower Seeds to plant -they grow quickly -even if I miss the wild bunch I will find what their scat has produced. What goes in must come out and I hope GROW !!!!!

No comments: