Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 New Year Resolutions


New Year Resolutions by rlsimpson Jan 1, 2014


I do not make them.

I tried once upon a time, maybe, or maybe it was someone else in my other life. Don’t keep them , don’t waste my life making them.  I am just happy to wake up each morning and after my nap. I would love to keep getting healthier and maybe loose a lot more weight –but really, it is not worth making a resolution for, is it?

 I have decided to keep a positive vibe jar. It is a plastic jar with a screw top lid that started out its life as a peanut filled pretzel container. They were not that good and I tried to pour boiling water over the glued on labels –only to melt the container, so that it sags a little to the side. I am thinking contact paper. –Into this jar, I will put slips of paper in, having written on laughing out loud moments of my life. I started today, Jan 1,2014. I will read them all on Dec 31,2014.

 I already have one. Today, because we are expecting snow, I backed my front wheel drive car up my steep driveway. It took me 4 maybe 5 times to get it in the right position. By the time I was finished I was laughing out loud at my silly self. Ok so little things amuse me. I haven’t actually put the slip of paper in the container because I have to wash it out, and find the just right contact paper at the dollar store.

I also have given myself one habit to make. I will look people in the eyes when I smile at them. When I lost that ability and reverted back to my shy, unobservant self, I have no idea. But I do not like that me.

 Oh and a new Mantra from “Eat. Pray, Love”:
 “Never let anyone love you less, than you love yourself.” I really like that.

That should about do it for my 62nd-63rd year.


No comments: