Monday, November 17, 2008

Bucket List Detour

I just got out of Presbyterian Hosp in Phil. I got another three stents in my heart -the LA D to be exact -that artery already had two stents from the 2003 heart attack along with the two in the RAC? RAD? anyway I have seven (7) pieces of metal in my heart. It is amazing. I really thought it would be a by pass this time but I guess the stents still work. Since I am allergic to the dye -I had to take meds to counteract the allergic reaction -ok -but it left me with sugars of over 400 -Not good and i cant go back to the gym for a week. I have a feeling I am going to be on insulin for awhile until this sugar level gets under control. All this and I still don't feel that well and I have to loose the remaining 60 or 70 lbs. Oh and the surgeon said "Why didnt I know you were allergic to the metal nickel?" It seems these new drug coated stents have nickel in them. Oh well it is over with now.

Am I ok? Well I am still positive -sort of overwhelmed -but still have scuba diving on my Bucket List. But I have taken a couple of things off the list. I use to think -daydream -what ifs and somedays -but that doesn't seem to happen any longer. I seem to be having a day to day life. And plans for the 'future' don't seem to be more than a month ahead of time. I wonder if this is normal? or just temporary while my body rids itself of the anesthesia?

I cant remember really being asleep -laugh- I Do remember talking so much that the surgeon told me to stop asking him questions he needed to concentrate. I was asking him non stop questions and I couldn't remember the answers so i just kept asking the same questions ----again! Laugh Out Loud

Anyway, I recovered at the parents home near the hospital and near my brother and sister, for 5 days and now I am home. My own pillows/blanket/lumpy mattress/ house noises/ one TV channel (I only had one channel and my parents have cable -which is so overrated) . Oh you know the little special things that make a house your home.

I would like to go to Fl to visit the folks for a week and am waiting right now for the Doctors office to call me back and see if I can fly between now and dec 3 when I have my followup appt. I also have my third and last dentist visit to reschedule -I still have the temp. filling in and the surgeon said no dentist for a month and the Dentist said -AH No call them and get approval for this last filling. smile

The sun is out today and it is cold and very windy -I think I will go and kick some leaves around. Life is good.




No comments: