Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Spanish Class then Dance

Today I had my first beginner Spanish class in the Avalon Library. The room was really crowed almost 20 people . What about the word beginner don't people understand, I know it is accelerated but there were people in the class that travel to Spanish speaking countries (not just Florida) and could actually READ and Pronounce the words from the workbook. I mean It isn't fair -and of course all the people who COULD speak the language sat up front with their workbooks and good accents. I kept thinking I must have missed a couple of weeks -but nooooo -we were all beginners (?) Hello! The woman instructing was using a very small white board in the front of the room -I finally asked her to write larger. Because I , of course, had failed to ask the right person and was told: -'no it doesn't say you need a workbook ' and of course I was not prepared. Thank goodness the men sitting next to me and across from me shared their workbooks. I think we were learning about the gender or tense (?) of the words and two woman started discussing the differences between Spanish and FRENCH and the verb "to be" ? or something (I f ***ing kid you not ) I lost it and started to laugh. From then on it was very easy to just listen and not take myself or the class to seriously. Ok, well I am going to try to BUY the workbook WITH the CD -I figure the class is free -it is the the least I can do for my Bucket List. We meet Monday and Wednesday.

Wednesdays are a little tight ,time wise - I have Belly Dancing at 6:30 in Seaville -which is a doable Rt9 drive -so far (tourists are not all here). Tonight's class was a good cardio workout. I am soo bad -but I just love it. :)))))) Today we had to show attitude and present ourselves like we wanted to be hired to dance for an audience (yea well that will never happen but the exercise and fantasy were wonderful). Belly dancing is a woman's dance not sexual but sensual and it is from the core of our feminine self. It has helped. My posture has even improved!

I hate to miss even one weekly class. But next week is the Writers conference in Wildwood -so I will miss Spanish and Dance -ah but I have wanted to see what this conference is all about. I hope it is a HOOT ,after all isn't that what a Bucket List is all about ???????


:)))))))) smiley face with a double chin

No comments: