Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Catch Up

I have written this blog at least twice -but each time have erased it by accident and then the auto save -saves a blank page.

It may have something to do with the fake gel nails I have on my fingers -for my HS reunion. Smile. They are very awkward and weird -but i love how my huge hands look so graceful, feminine and sexy. It makes me feel that way also. Maybe i will just have to find the money to treat myself with nails and a pedicure -more than every two years. I am not complaining -i am very blessed in my retirement -I am just still getting use to a budget. I could go onto EBay I guess and sell all the stuff I am taking to the ARC Thrift shop -but once the decision is made to donate it and put it into the bag -I have to get it out of the house FAST. So far more than 100 bags and only two regrets:
1/a double mattress pad and 2/ a set of twin bed sheets. Of course I am almost ready to go thru the house again. Ok so maybe this time -it will be EBay.

The reunion on Aug 14 and 15. was incrdible. From the Friday night Icebreaker to the actual reunion at the Corcordville Inn, Rt 1, Delaware County Pa. Our class was 312 and about 98 classmate and 15 others came on Saturday. I danced -for the first time at ANY reunion -all night. ( Marian kept coming up and dancing and saying -'Who are you and what did you do with Robin -she never dances?" LOL) Didnt get to talk much -but I had a wonderful time. My friend Carol and I split a room at the Hotel -her husband did not want to come this year -and it was one of the best ideas we had. Carol and I were asked to help with the crowd flow while everyone was registering, So we were able to meet and greet everyone first. It was so much FUN.

Later everyone is posting candids on Facebook -What a HOOT. I really like these people. Not many of them live in the area. But when I move back in three years -It will be ok. I feel closer to those classmates after 40 years and most people I have met since =with the exception of a very few.

I have to work on that.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You go, sexy mama! You looked great, Robin. I'm glad you had a good time at the reunion. It's always nice to catch up with old friends.