Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

My brother in law pointed out on facebook 'When you are retired -everyday is a snow day" true -it is fun but also not true.

I didn't sleep last night -watched the snow and the wind and just couldn't get to sleep -so when it was 7am -i gave up trying to sleep/ got up and opened all the blinds in my house -so that ALL the white light came in. I forced myself to wait until 1pm (taped Days.......)and went out. Oh my......It was over my snow boots, that by the way had dry rotted and need to hit the trash -yes trash!. I uncovered the car and left it running with the defroster on and went back in the house to get my package for the Post Office.

Can you believe we SPRING FORWARD for time next week?

The tiny So Seaville PO is very friendly -but the regular Postmaster -Barb -was not there -so i didn't linger and talk. I did offer my thanks on the clean Parking Lot -to which the postal person covering said he cleaned more snow off where the lot cleaner guy missed. WoW -above and beyond for a government worker. But that is the kind of place it is. smile I also mailed the check to my sister in law for my part of the family cell phone plan and to my brother in law who paid for the tickets to FL. check out his blog, Midnight's stories@ http://www.cappilot.blogspot.com


Then I went driving around the back roads I use to the gym. I open at 5am tomorrow and well it will be more like 4am. I HAVE to sleep tonight! I think I may have to travel RT 9 because the roads may be slippery. Figures.

MY last three days as an employee. At least it wasn't today in all this snow. Today the owner was there. The parking lot is a mess and the driveway is a disaster. I told her about the So Seaville PO lot -but......? The entire gym parking lot isn't even done -so he(?) -the lot cleaner - cut out about 20 spaces in the back -just did not clear them and piled all the snow in the driveway. Unbelievable -there are retaining ponds on two sides for the runoff. Could it be he never saw the parking lot w/o snow? The owner said she called him to come back. I hope she fires him.

Yes , this is the job I just resigned from -it is a responsibility thing I guess -you sign on for a job -you finish it as best as you can. If you cant do the job any longer -the way it should be done -you explain and resign -with two weeks notice.

It is just the right thing to do.

It is called personal honor.

Which is why I will be up at 3:30am and driving on icy roads to the gym!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't believe I missed all the snow! It looks so pretty. I'm glad it didn't affect my travel plans, but I still would have liked to have seen it. No snow for me here! :)

I hope you have a nice time when you go back down to Florida with Deb.