Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009 and the Missing Ring




I had a wonderful Christmas with the family. Didnt make Church with my brother -I am bummed about that -but I will make it soon -just wanted to hear the Christmas Carole's. We spent Christmas day with the family at my brothers home -and My sister in law cooked a wonderful dinner for her family and ours . It is a nice blend of people. After sinner we all sing Christmas Songs and take the annual picture. My niece from Texas was in for the Holiday -her boy friend couldn't come due to work but her cousin's boyfriend came for the first year. We like him.

The following day we had our family over for the gift exchange. This year mother and I made a turkey ahead of time and served cold Turkey sandwiches. I also had hot gravy if anyone wanted hot turkey sandwiches. Dad and I cut up apples and grapes and raisins with walnuts and fat free Mayo -for a delicous Waldorf salad. It was perfect. But no pictures that night.

Over the holidays I got to visit with a friend for Penn State that lives in the area. We went to lunch at Quotations in Media Pa. I really liked it and I like Media. I think when I sell my house in
a few years and move back to PA, I will try for an apartment over one of the stores in Media. I wonder if the trolleys still run ? The tracks are still there and the Train still runs into Philly with connecting access to almost anywhere.

I also got to have a cup of tea with a HS friend and her husband and talk about everything and nothing. I miss my old friends -alot still live in the area.

I just got home to my house and when I called to tell my parents I was home -My Mother greeted me with "I found my wedding ring". She lost it about three months ago -right before they flew to Florida -if fact almost missed the plane searing for it in their home. NOW -while emptying the trash can -she heard something in the bottom of the can -when she pulled up the little bag can liner - THERE IT WAS. YEA -she was so upset and now she is very Happy.


Thank you God and St Anthony and everyone that made this another wonderful Christmas!


Pics:
1/3/ Rachel (22) and Heather(24) Christmas pictures

2/ Family Picture 2009 -

FR- Robin S (me) Parents Tom n Jerry S/ Mary and Joe C (karen's parents)/

BR- Deb n Barry M (my sister) Rachel S/ Craig n Jesse T (karens niece)/ Karen and Tom (brother and sister in law) Heather/ Tyler T (karens nephew) Denise n Don T (karens sister)

No comments: